I have to be real honest with you. I HATE raw carrots. There, I said it. So why would I even dare post a recipe with raw carrots as a main ingredient you ask? Well, like some children, I need more vegetables in my diet but I like to have them hidden within a yummy treat. This tricks my brain into thinking that if raw carrots can be in delicious snack, then they must be good and I should eat more of them. Logic.
My dad loves carrot cake. I’m pretty sure he buys one from the grocery store every week. That’s all fine and well, but I think he should have a healthier option to enjoy. And not to mention that he loves every ingredient in this recipe. They were so easy to whip up in my new food processor! That thing is the best purchase I’ve ever made. I can literally make anything in it. To make my life even more simple, I used an ice cream scoop to help shape the bites into cute balls.
These carrot cake energy bites are filled with whole foods. There are no preservatives, hard to pronounce chemicals, or anything else that we really shouldn’t be putting in our bodies. I’m so happy with how they turned out! They’re raw, vegan, and absolutely perfect for a workout snack. These can be stored in an air tight container for up to a week, or less if your family is like mine and consumes them all in 2 days.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 20 dried apricots
- 1 cup organic shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups organic baby carrots
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds until the look like crumbs.
- Add in the apricots and raisins. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add in the coconuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Pulse until mixed.
- Next, add in the baby carrots and pulse until the carrots are grated, pushing the mixture down as it goes.
- Once the mixture is all blended, roll out bite size balls. I made 16, but you could easily make more if you make them smaller.
- Eat right away or keep in the fridge for up to a week!
Shop the gadgets you’ll need for this recipe!
Never miss a new recipe!
Subscribe to have all the latest tasty, delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox!