I love any baked good that has bananas in it. I’ve made banana muffins so many different ways that I can’t even begin to count. So today I wanted to share a “healthier” take on my love for banana muffins by making chia seed banana muffins! This recipe makes 18 muffins and each muffin is only 5 Weight Watchers points!
You can have this as part of breakfast with a fruit salad or even as a cheeky little dessert! I love chia seeds and they are so darn good for our bodies! So why not combine two of my favorite things to make a delicious treat? And this recipe only has 1/2C of sugar which is great compared to some of the baked goods recipes I’ve seen and made. The ripe bananas have a great sweetness so not much sugar is needed anyways.
The great thing about banana muffins is that you can make them year round and add seasonal ingredients for a fun touch. I love adding cranberries during the fall and dried apricots during the summer. I can’t figure out why, but I think it’s so cool to see the chia seeds in the muffins! They add a little crunchy texture that you wouldn’t expect, but you’ll love.
You can find the recipe for these chia seed banana muffins below! Print it out, put it in your recipe book, and let me know how you like it!
- 5 Bananas - Mashed
- 1/2C Sugar
- 5 TBSP Unsalted Butter - Room Temp
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2C Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1/2C Soy Milk - Unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixer, cream together sugar and butter. Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and chia seeds.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add 1/4C of soy milk and combine.
- Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and soy milk.
- Fold in the mashed bananas until combined.
- Fill each tin about half way.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking for doneness.
- I used a silicone cupcake tray, but if you use a different tray you should add liners to help the muffins come out easily.
- Some ovens cook at different temps/times, so you may need a little more cook time. Mine ended up perfect at exactly 30 minutes.
Never miss a new post!
Subscribe to have all the latest exciting posts delivered directly to your inbox!!