I’ve always loved pesto! In the order of my favorite pasta sauces, it’s probably my second favorite, falling right behind homemade alfredo sauce. My only issue with traditional basil pesto is that it’s literally a slap in the face of basil, as it should be. But I like something a little more toned down and adding spinach just lets me get in more veggies while tricking myself. My distain for veggies is so real.
It was only recently that I got my first food processor. Let me tell you, it is life changing. I use it literally every other day. So you know that one of the first recipes I made with it was a delicious spinach basil pesto!
This spinach basil pesto is so easy to make, maybe like 10 minutes max. And I always transfer it into a mason jar, with a little spatula for ease, to go into the fridge. It tastes so much better once its cold. Obviously you would scoop some out to use on your pasta or whatever you want it for, but giving it that chance to set up makes all the difference.
I love the bright green color and the super fresh taste. In an effort to be honest here, the first time I made it, it never got used for pasta. I ate the entire batch with some crackers because it was that darn good! I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 1 C Fresh Basil
- 6 C Organic Baby Spinach
- 1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 C Pine Nuts
- 3/4 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- In a food processor, or a blender, pulse the garlic and pine nuts until it looks like crumbs.
- Add in the basil, blend well.
- Add in the spinach, 2 cups at a time. Pour in 1/3 of the EVOO each time you add in the spinach. Pulse until all of the spinach is combined.
- Add in the parmesan cheese, salt, and white pepper.
- Pulse until everything is combined smoothly.
- Store in an air tight container and keep in the fridge for up to a week. Freeze if you want to use longer.
Shop what you’ll need for this easy recipe!
Never miss a new post!
Subscribe to have all the latest exciting posts delivered directly to your inbox!!