A delicious chocolate chip cookie stuffed with gooey caramel!
So one day I was sitting in my living room, whining because I didn’t have anything sweet to eat, when I decided to get off my butt and make some cookies. Well, that was just the beginning. I found the most perfect chocolate chip cookies recipe from Lindsay over at Pinch of Yum! Her recipe has been a staple in my kitchen for over a year now.
But alas, as I stood in my kitchen, still whining about my lack of all the necessary ingredients, I decided to do what any woman in desperate need of a cookie would do, I adapted. In comes my trusty standing mixer! But if you don’t have a standing mixer, and I seriously recommend that you consider investing in one, a good set of mixing bowls will do the cookies justice.
While there aren’t many huge adaptations to the original recipe, the most notable one is that I stuffed these babies with sea salt caramels from the Lovely Candy Co. These caramels are so buttery and chewy! They’re amazing on their own, but they are mind blowing inside these cookies!
I was able to make 12 delicious cookies, just as Lindsay’s recipe suggests. I’ll admit that I ate one right away because I obviously had to, ya know, partake in some sort of quality test before photographing these masterpieces. I even sent Briam some pictures so he could dream about them while he was at work. I’m so mean!
I love that the original recipe calls for chocolate chips and chunks, but I had just bought a giant bag of chips from Sam’s Club so I kept it strictly chips. Lots of chips. Which made my day joyous when I could smoosh the melted chocolate chips off my cookie sheet!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 6 caramels cut in half to make 12 pieces
- Get your oven ready to go at 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter (room temp, of course), light brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add in the vanilla bean paste and the egg. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt just to make sure everything is combined evenly and there are not big chunks.
- Add the flour mixture in with the wet ingredients and mix until a solid dough forms.
- Add in the chocolate chips and stir with a spoon or spatula until mixed evenly.
- Taking a chunk of dough, roll it around each caramel piece until a pretty ball forms.
- Bake the cookies for about 11 minutes. They'll still be soft, but a little golden on the top.
- Leave them on the baking sheet to cool for about 15 minutes before transferring them to a plate.
- I baked mine in 2 batches of 6 because for some reason, I seem to have lost my cookie sheets...
- You could stuff these with literally anything you want, doesn't have to be the caramel.
- Check out Lindsay's original recipe over at Pinch of Yum!
What’s your favorite way to stuff a cookie?
Some links in this post may be affiliate links. For more information, see my disclosure.
Never miss a new post!
Subscribe to have all the latest exciting posts delivered directly to your inbox every Friday!!